Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ruby

On Friday, after sitting at the train station for over 2 months I picked up Ruby. She is my mode of transportation for the next several years... Ruby is my new bike. She was bought by a Stinter (intern) with Agape Sverige last year, Christa. Christa moved back to the US in July and because of crazy Swedish rules wasn't allowed to take Ruby on the train to the airport. Thus, Ruby was left in the bike parking lot by the train. Elin, one of our mutual swedish friends, kept an eye on her all summer until I arrived. On Friday we went down and picked up Ruby. The summer had been a little brutal to her, but after 300 swedish kronor (approx $50) she had a new front headlight, backlight, bell, handlebars and the chain had been tightened and oiled up. She's as good as new. 


Ruby and I on our first day together :)


There are literally thousands of bikes parked by the train station. This is the daily mode of transportation for most everyone living in Uppsala.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I'm sitting in a NST meeting and fighting back tears of thankfulness that you are in Sweden. :) Glad you are there & looking forward to hearing your updates! Love you!

Cayli said...

oh Ruby, I once had an exciting ride on her backside, with Christa at the helm. I'm glad that, at least for now, you're not riding her through 4 inches of ice :)

Juicy and Delicious; These are some bite-sized morsels of my life in Sweden.