Monday, October 5, 2009

Hook?

Those who don't know, I'm at home in Hickory, NC raising support with Campus Crusade. Lord willin' it will be quick and I'll be back in Knoxville at the University of Tennessee's campus to continue doing what I love.

But today I'm in Hickory. It's rainy. My dad's at home sick from work. I'm sitting downstairs with him working on thank you cards which he's watching TV. We come across a classic, "Hook", with Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman. I used to LOVE this movie! Yes, me and my dad started watching it.





As I watched, I quickly realized I STILL loved it!
Here's why...

I love the classic war of good & evil.  I love the adventure in the movie of Peter remembering all the things of NeverLand. Remembering what it was like to be Pan.... imaging food (which turns into a food fight.. awesome), learning to crow, and most importantly finding his "happy thought." I love that the lost boys have no care in the world. They have faith in Peter Pan. They follow him with complete abandon.

It makes me think of my relationship with the Lord and these two passages....

"At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:1-4

"At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure. " Luke 10:21

How often I can get caught up in Theology and breaking down every part of a verse to "understand" the God I serve more. Now while I enjoy that and know there is without a doubt, value in it, I think often times I can make it too complex.

It's crazy how the Lord can use a movie of fairy tales to remind me how He desires for me to just run to Him... to trust Him with faith as a child would their parents when they were younger. Before the "real world" begins to distract. Oh that I would love & trust with reckless abandon...

Thanks Father

No comments:

Juicy and Delicious; These are some bite-sized morsels of my life in Sweden.